- Creating a meeting
- Make a call or impromptu meeting
- How to video chat with the phone app
- How to join a previously created meeting
- How to add a participant
- How to use Teams once joined
- How to mute everyone
- How to share an existing meeting
- How to remove a participant
- How to make a student a presenter
- How to record a session
Creating a Meeting
1. Open in a supported browser or install the desktop app. (They are almost identical)
2. Click ‘Calendar’ on the left-hand side.
3. Double click a time slot or click ‘New meeting’ in the upper right-hand corner.
4. Enter a title
5. Select the appropriate time
6. If you want the meeting to repeat for a class, click the down arrow next to ‘Does not repeat’ and select ‘Custom’.
7. Click the down arrow next to day and select ‘Week’.
8. Select the appropriate days of the week if repeating.
9. Select the appropriate end date and click ‘Save’.
10. To generate a link, you’l need to add at least one person to the meeting. Click ‘Add required attendees’ and add one other person (a student will work). Click Add required attendees and type in their DixieID. And click their name once it appears below.
11. Once all people you want to join the class are added, Click ‘Send’ on the upper right hand side of the screen.
12. Open the meeting back up. In the body of the meeting will be the “Join Microsoft Teams Meeting” link. Everyone invited will have the link in the meeting notes area. They need to click the link to join the team.
Make a call or in promptu meeting
1. Open teams at or the desktop app. Click on ‘Calls’ on the left hand side and then click ‘Make a call’ at the bottom.
2. Where it says ‘Type a name’, type the name of the person you want to have a video call with.
3. Click the name of the person as it shows up. You can add multiple people. Once added click the video camera icon for a video meeting.
How to video chat with the phone app
1. Open Teams app, click the chat Icon and then the new chat icon.
2. Click the video icon at the top right or type a message at the bottom chat field.
How to join a previously created meeting
1. Open or the App and log in.
2. On the left-hand side click the ‘Calendar’ and find the meeting
3. Click the ‘Join’ button
If there isn’t a join button, that means there is only one person in the meeting. You will need to open the meeting (double-click it) and add at least one student.
365备用网址APPNote: adding students will not notify them that they have a meeting with you. You will need to send the link to them in email or through Canvas.
How to add a participant
1. Go to teams.microsoft.com and click on ‘Calendar’.
2. Find the meeting and double-click it to open it.
3. In the ‘Add required attendees’ field, add at least one student. Enter their DixieID and click their name when it shows up. Then click Send update in the upper right-hand corner. This will not email most students. The link that is now created in the body of the meeting needs to be sent to them.
How to use Teams once joined
1. Moving the mouse will make this task bar appear:
2. The time (shown below) will tell you the length of the meeting
3.Use the camera icon to toggle between enabling/disabling your camera
4. Use the microphone button to mute/unmute your microphone
5.Clicking the three dots will expand and display the options shown below
6.Click the square/arrow icon shown below to share your screen or a single window. You may use this to share documents or PowerPoint presentations that are on your computer.
7. Click the speech bubble icon to message participants
8.Use icon shown below to view the participants and access options to limit their participation
9.To change an attendees’ participation, hover your mouse over the student. Click the three dots for the following options:
10. It is best to mute the participant and make them an attendee so they cannot manipulate the meeting
11. End the meeting
How to mute everyone
1. Click the participants icon, shown below:
2. On the right-hand side, you will see a list of participants. Click the ‘Mute All’ button
How to share an existing meeting
1. Open Teams.microsoft.com or open the desktop app
2. Click Calendar and find the meeting you want to share. Click it to open it.
3. Right click the ‘Join Microsoft Teams Meeting’ and select ‘Copy link’.
2.On the right-hand side, you will see a list of participants. Hover your mouse over the person you want to remove from the class. Click the three dots next to their name and select ‘Remove participant’.
How to make a student a presenter
1. Click the Show Participants icon
2.On the right-hand side, you will see a list of participants. Put your mouse over the person you want to make a presenter. Click the three dots next to their name and select ‘Make a presenter’.
How to record a session
1. Open teams
2. Join a meeting
3.Once joined, click the three dots (shown below)
4.Then click ‘Start recording’
5. The session will be recorded. You will see the recording symbol on the left of the menu
6.The recording will be in the meeting under the chat tab. The recording will not be available immediately. Once available you can watch or share it. Click the three dots on the video and get link and copy.